From:
Susan R Potts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:44:15 -0500
Dear Loni,
      Sounds like a power struggle.   Aarrgghh!
      A midwife called me several of weeks ago for info on diflucan; the
dose used to treat chlamydia is 200 mg only ONE time.  The dose
recommended by Hale is huge compared to that, 200 mg loading dose, then
100-200 mg X 10 to 14 days.  She was concerned, and probably rightly so,
with liver damage........Any comments out there on this??
       I  read to her all that Hale wrote on the subject, and said most
HCPs try topical measures first, with both mom and baby, and use the
diflucan with recurring incidences.     I happened to talk to the patient
a couple of weeks afterward, and the topicals were helping.

      Susan in Minnesota
     rn ibclc