From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 07:42:04 -0400
Athlete's foot is tinea pedis and is similar to candida in that they are
both fungi and respond to the same sorts of medicine.  Tinea on other parts
of the body (like the head- Tinea capitis) frequently need to be tx
systemically.  There is a national epidemic of tinea cap and tinea corporis
(ringworm) in the black population.  I see it all too frequently in
Atlantic City.  There is some thought that cultural hair care practices
contribute to the frequency.  Untreated can get Really Bad.  I think fungi
are opportunistic too.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ