Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:21:00 -0600
I have read the Archives posts on CF but the case I have has a different
angle.

Baby is adopted, 5 months old, and has been "stuffy" all along, but 2 weeks
ago was hit with a respiratory virus.  She is hospitalized and being fed
with NG tube.  She is not improving. Mom was considering some breast milk
to turn around her decline.  Ped was agreeable.

But today they are exploring CF and Ped says that this changes everything,
including breastmilk possibilities.

Mom wants to know if "some" breastmilk would help baby recover from this
crisis.
Ped is recommending Progestamil for baby's feeding now.

There isn't an expectation of on-going breastmilk in her diet, but would
some breastmilk now be of help or would it be a confusing factor in this
little one's case?

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee

mailto:[log in to unmask]