From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:14:12 EST
i know more about arthritis/autoimmune diseases than i would really like,
being in remission from one of the OVER 100 of them. and if someone has
conclusive proof that silicone causes one of these diseases, the
rheumatologists would sure like to know!

here's two things that bother me about the info printed: "doesn't fit the
typical pattern of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis" or something like that;
well, that's one of the common aspects of arthritis, there are so many
variations in the individual diseases. also, it would be very simple to call
up the parents of any number of sufferers of juvenile RA and ask if the mother
breastfed and had implants; that ought to tell us right away if this "theory"
is true. i thought there had various debunkings of this idea of the implants
causing autoimmune diseases in women. it all begins to seem like conspiracy
theory, anyway, coming up with a grand theory based on so few patients.

carol brussel IBCLC
denver, where it "always" snows for halloween, and it looks like we won't
break the tradition this year either, *sob*