From:
Emily Haessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:04:18 -0500
You are correct she will have to wean her child. I had this treatment myself
and in fact they suggest that you do not even use the same bathroom as your
small children use for up to one month after. The treatment will destroy
cancer cells in the Mom but will also kill healthy thyroid cells in anyone
exposed. The treatment is very effective so much so that Thyroid is about
the only cancer that is referred to as completely curable. The Iodine will
seek out any cells that have originated in the thyroid and destroy them
wherever they are. The good news is that she will be able to nurse another
child if she is blessed with one.

We will keep this family in our prayers.