From:
Rietveld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:18:03 +0200
At 23:26 30-7-00 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello Everyone,
>
>My name is Jamie Stouffer - I am the mother of 2 children (10 and 2.)

Welcome to this list, Jamie!

 She has severely inverted nipples and large breasts.  Her baby (born after
a basically normal birth with no forceps/vaccum but longish pushing stage
with a nurse who manipulated the head some) has a tiny little mouth.  He is
coming 3 weeks now and has yet to really nurse.

About the overwhelming response.........I don't know, I've noticed that a
lot of us are off to ILCA!

Now back to your query, I think that you've covered about everything.
Maybe you could check the 'Large Breasted Nursing FAQ' for some more tips
on positioning when large breasted. You'll find it at:
www.vireday.com/plus/Large-Breasted_Nursing_FAQ.html

Another thought that crossed my mind...did you check for tongue-tie? (both
upper and lingual frenulum).

I guess the cranial work-up could benefit this baby.
Just a few more considerations.......hope this helps, a bit.

Warmly,

Renate Rietveld, IBCLC
Rijswijk, The Netherlands