Betsy Koval <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:29:46 -0500
In attempting to help moms with anxiety or depression, some alternatives to
conventional medicine have been suggested.  Two alternatives mentioned are
kava and GABA for anxiety.  With conventional medicine, there seem to be
studies (at least sometimes) to give an indication of whether a drug is
safe during pregnancy and BF, but I am wondering about these alternatives
to conventional drugs.  I am new to Lactnet and wonder if these things have
been discussed before (I imagine St. John's Wort has been) but am wondering
if anyone has information about the safety of the above two supplements
during both pregnancy and BF.

Thanks
Betsy Koval Grand Ledge MI LLL