From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 23:52:37 -0500
Good evening all.  I have noticed that we have had two requests for personal
lactation assistance today on Lactnet.  I kindly ask that we, as
professionals, remember that Lactnet is *not* for one-on-one lactation
assistance to mothers, and that we remind anyone else who is unsure of this
as well.

The professionals on this list have a right to expect professionalism and
collegial sharing here.  None should feel that they have to *work* on
Lactnet as well as in their own practices, etc.  None of us can give proper
care to any mother/baby couple via the internet, much as we'd like to help.
It is an impossible task. We are shooting in the dark, and can give general
help at best.

Anyone who requests and requires professional lactation assistance will do
best to seek out the services of their local IBCLC, by contacting
[log in to unmask], with "Immediate Referral needed" in the subject line.  This
ensures that mothers and babies will receive the care they deserve, in
person, and it also ensures that we, as subscribers to Lactnet, are not
*working* while participating in a professional list.

Thank you for understanding. Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
LACTNET WWW http://www.telcomplus.net/~kga/lactation.html