From:
pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 17:22:32 -0500
Jeanne Fisher,

A few months ago, I was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor so I have
learned more about the brain than I ever wish I had.  I am not a nursing
mother (nursed 3 and that's enough for me now) but I can contribute info in
regards to brain tumors.  Alot depends on location of tumor and the type.  If
it is effecting the pituitary, there will most likely be prolactin problems.
 Some women have inoperatable tumors and live with them forever.  Mine is
located in the right temporal lobe.  (luckily- thanks to Larry Gardner for
the third opinion referral- it turned out not to be malignant)  If I would
have had surgery as planned at Northwestern, the hospital stay would have
been four days.  Everything these days is quick in, quick out.  The mother
needs to find out more info. because it could be she could conti. nursing.
 Some tumors after removed have radiation followup.  Again, she needs to find
out more.  FYI- I highly recommend her to get in touch with the American
Brain Tumor Association:  2720 River Rd in Des Plaines, IL, # (708) 827-9910.
 Some wonderful people that can answer some of her questions.

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeedin Connection
754 Raintree Dr.
Naperville, IL  60540