From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 20:01:22 -0400
I just had to relate a success story.  The mother whos baby was on a nursing
strike for almost a week just nursed for the first time.  The baths helped
and she also dribbles some water on the nipple while they rocked quietly.
 The mother has been calling daily for support and she was overjoyed.
Another success that just goes to show you "keep on trying is a good
message".  I've been working with a mother who has a 34 week home now premie
who is also downs syndrome.  This mom has been patiently doing Kangaroo care
every day for almost 2 weeks. (since baby has been discharged)  This little
guy has always been a very poor eater requiring feeding tubes and bottles as
the only way he would eat.  The baby finally gave it a try almost 4 weeks old
and nursed for 20 min. and shows every indication of continuing.  So... it
pays to support those moms, encourage the basics and pray.

Hope I've made your day better, mine sure is
Linda Rosetti RN, IBCLC
Clarkston, Wa.