From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:07:57 -0500
I have drafted a letter to the postal service regarding a breastfeeding
stamp. I'll be happy to post it when it's done. I think if a number of
us write to them, we may actually get something rolling. There are
a number of breastfeeding events/anniversaries that may be worth mentioning:
1. the year 2001 will be the 20 anniv. of the Code, the 10th anniv of
the Innocenti declaration and the 45th anniv of La Leche. There is
probably significant time between the first letter to the posatl service and
a stamp actually happening, so don't think that 2001 is too far away.
  Let's hope this works.
   Naomi Bar-Yam