From:
Marc Worthington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 1995 17:48:36 EDT
Hello!
My name is Cathy Worthington, I live in Harrisburg, PA, USA. I have been
'lurking' for several months, sorry it took so long to introduce myself. Can I
say I was too busy reading all the wonderful posts?  I really love this!!!  I
took the IBCLC exam in '94, but we never stop learning.

Personal BF History: Bf two boys:  Mike (05/22/81) born at 33.5 wks, pumped
manually 10+days, had wonderful hospital support even back then;
Patrick (02/22/89) born at term, returned to work at 6 months and continued to
partially bf (supplemented with ABM - I didn't know what I know now..). Both
were bf about 12 months. (I wish now that I had nursed longer. Hindsight...)

I am employed by a local health center that services primarily low income
families and Medicaid recipients; I was hired in '87 to work for the WIC Program
as a nutritionist, and in addition, have been the Breastfeeding Coordinator for
the past several years. I coordinate the breastfeeding portion of our local WIC
program, as well as do a lot of hands on counseling (ie. direct counseling with
mothers prenatally and postpartum). I also assist with trainings, sponsored by
the state agency (WIC). I am part-time by choice; work 20 hr/wk and devote
85-90% of my time to breastfeeding activities.  Our caseload is 5500
participants (this includes women, infants, and children). I also volunteer as a
Nursing Mothers Counselor with an area hospital. The rewards of "the job" - the
thank-yous from mothers and the smiles from Healthy! babies -
are immeasurable.

Catherine Worthington, IBCLC

I am looking forward to learning, sharing, and enjoying!!