From:
"Sarah S. Crotty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 15:14:06 -0800
Here's some good news for you LC's and new aunts dealing with other
parenting philosophies-

Regarding Christans and breastfeeding, there is a new book on the
horizon (thankfully):

The Christian Family's Guide to Breastfeeding
by Mary P. Walker and Rowena L. Tucker
Publication Date (1998) Hannah's Heart Press

Along with giving permission to publicize this, Mary said:
> I'm keeping an email list of anybody who wants to be
> notified when the book is available.  If anybody wants to be added to the
> list, just have them email me.
>
> I changed the publication date listed in my signature file.  The book
> probably won't come out until late 1998.
>
> FYI--I called the author the of the HMO study in listed in the Stewardship
> exerpt.  She now has different numbers on the medical savings (the savings
> were lower).  She told me on the phone that the medical costs for
> bottlefeeding babies were higher because there were a few very premature
> babies who needed lots of medical care early on.  She's sending me a new
> study.  I'll change the exerpt when I get her information.  I just want
> LACNET to know that I'm trying to be accurate and I want to be honest in
> the representation.
>
> Thank you very much for your interest. It is my hope that our book provides
> an alternate (and accurate) view of how breastfeeding is part of God's
> design for nourishing and nurturing babies.
>

> Mary P. Walker
> Texas Healthy Mother/Healthy Baby Coalition
> Author with Rowena L. Tucker, The Christian Family's Guide to Breastfeeding
> Publication Date (1998) Hannah's Heart Press
> Mother to Anna 11-1-93 and Michael 1-23-96
>
> Online excerpt of book
> The Stewardship of Breastfeeding
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mcjohnson/herstuff/breastfeedinghonorsgod.html

It will be nice to have another alternative to offer.

Sarah Crotty