Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:29:47 EST
Sharon writes:

Two of  our neonatologist have allowed me =
to do this with several babies but they  would like to have some protocol =
or evidence based research. It is  difficult to find any thing written

I'm sorry (no, I'm not really sorry -- it just seemed like a good start to
the sentence.)  This sort of stuff drives me bonkers.  Now tell  me.  Why a
PROTOCOL for mouth care???  Why do they need research for  mouth care?  These
babies are NPO.  Adults/children who are NPO get  mouth care using lemon-glycerin
swabs.  Should we not provide the same  comfort to babies?  And, should we
use lemon-glycerin swabs?  I would  think NOT.  Why not?  Because babies, up
until 6 months, should not  have anything put into their mouths but HUMAN MILK.
Therefore, it stands  to reason that mouth care is good for humans.  And for
babies, mouth care  should be done w/ human milk.

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS COMMON SENSE???????

Truly, folks, common sense DOES have a place in taking care of human  beings.

I think half the medical profession has forgotten to use the sense God gave
them.

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

(\__/)
(='.'=)