From:
Beth Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:47:41 EDT
A follow-up to my earlier post. Thanks to Dr. Jack for a speedy, thought-
provoking reply.  Baby's phenobarb level is now 13.7. Parents went to the ped
this morning, and he told them to switch to ABM, because the baby is
"thriving" on it. Sadly, mom has taken this as her cue to wean, and has asked
for my help in doing this. She did give me permission to pursue this on the
list and if there is a way for her to breastfeed safely, without pumping and
dumping, she may be open to it. Because her petit mal seizures have mostly
been due to fatigue, she is not open to the "combo" feed that her neurologist
was suggesting. She wants to breastfeed at breast or bottlefeed ABM.

She had a strong allergic reaction to Tegratol (whole body rash), so that is
out. Any suggestions for her?