From:
Gina Ciagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:43:57 -0500
I wanted to take the opportunity to address the question posted by Mary Kay
Smith about specifics of Lansinoh Lanolin. Lansinoh found a more gentle way
to refine our lanolin that is 100% natural and in keeping with our stringent
purity, efficacy and safety standards. The newer Lansinoh HPA Brand Lanolin
is the same formulation as the one you are familiar with but we have been
able to address color, odor, and consistency--issues that we have heard
feedback on from IBCLCs, breastfeeding educators, and breastfeeding mothers.
 We have taken the refining process to a higher level to ensure the purity
and efficacy by using a gentle, 100% natural process in which the lanolin is
refined at low temperatures without any bleaching, preservatives or
allergenic components found in other lanolins.

Our product remains 100% Lansinoh HPA (r) Lanolin--ultra pure, medical
grade, USP modified lanolin. Lansinoh Brand Lanolin is as effective as ever
before and we have done extensive testing to ensure that the new and
improved Lansinoh Brand Lanolin is still as safe and effective as the
previous version.  During testing, there was no difference at any time
between the two except in the newer Lansinoh,  the absence of a smell, the
improvement of the color, and a smoother, easier to spread
consistency--again all of which was achieved without adding any additional
ingredients and without bleaching or preservatives.  Please feel free to
contact us for more information or with any other questions.

Gina Ciagne, CLC
Director, Breastfeeding Relations and Outreach
Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc.