Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 08:59:37 EDT
Dear Friends:
        This is in response to Annette's post about the woman with Rh
incompatility. I have some questions. For one, how do they know the shot
(Rhogam)  at 28 weeks "didn't work"? Secondly, is this the woman's first
baby? My understanding is that first babies generally do alright with this
situation; that it is the second and third and later babies (who are Rh-)
that will have the problems with erythroblastosis fetalis. I am wondering if
the medical team is acting out of fear and ignorance, rather than sound
evidence. What do the rest of you think? Warmly, Nikki Lee