Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 18:59:55 EST
Forgive an off-topic message.

Someone has recommended "Our Stolen Future," referred to endocrine disrupters
and the allegation that "plastics are not inert ingredients and that some
chemicals from plastics are hormonally active."

There is no scientific consensus on that book or on the theory of endocrine
disrupters.  The other side of the debate can be found at
www.junkscience.com.  This side has links to articles on both sides of the
issue.  It is maintained by Steve Milloy, a Johns Hopkins educated
epidemiologist who is a critic of the endocrine disrupter theory.

Now, can we return to our regularly scheduled programming?

Alice Martino
in Central New York State