From:
Joyce Blangiardo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:26:34 UT
Thanks so much to all who emailed me your suggestions for the Women's Center
Dream List.  Our initial brainstorming session went well.  There will be much
more brainstorming ahead for "the committee".  If any other ideas have come to
you, please feel free to email me with them since all ideas will be gratefully
accepted and discussed.  Briefly, it appears there will be a nice complement
of women's health services.  It will NOT include a free-standing birth center,
as some of you asked, since there's one close by and all of the local
hospitals offer LDR/birthing rooms, most staffed with a number of CNM's.
There will be lots of educational programs (including prenatal, breastfeeding,
baby care, parenting, perimenopausal, cardiovascular fitness, massage, pre and
postnatal exercise, perinatal grief support, stress reduction, weight loss
groups, and more).  There will be child care available while moms come in for
services.  The child care concept was presented  by the newest and youngest
ob/gyn involved - and received a standing ovation!  Your most frequent email
suggestion was to include massage services and stress reduction - so I offer
you, in thanks for your ideas, a cybermassage and a suggestion to take a deep
breath when you read this and take time today, tomorrow, or soon to stop and
smell the @-->-->----- 's!  You guys are great!
Joyce Blangiardo RN, FACCE, IBCLC
Rockville Centre, NY