From:
Megan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:05:22 -0500
Thank you all so  much for your responses, this mom is so thankful for the
input. Here is an update:

"You have been so wonderful to take the time with my challenge.  Thank you
so much for getting (and sending to me) such great informative responses.
Will you please thank all of your e-friends for me.  I have so much to think
over to make a decision in so little time.  I am freaking a bit, no... ALOT
about "the decision" I end up with.  There are lots of pros and cons to
each.  All I know is that I HAVE to make a decision very soon because I have
not nursed Ellie in 3 days, only pumped and fed her the neocate.  My milk is
already dwindling, especially because I'm stressed, tired, and don't have
much time
to pump at school.

Thanks to ALL of you!!

I have some questions before I make a decision on how to feed my Ellie.
1.  Could the scope results, (allergy cells present in tummy and rectum),
mean anything else other than sensitive to dairy and soy?  Could the
irritation have anything to do with collick?
2.  What made her reflux in the first place if now there is no sign of acid
reflux from the scope?
3.  Would allergies only affect her during the day?  She has always slept
well and long at night.
4.  How are the symptoms of collick and allergies to dairy and soy
different?
5.  Will soy/dairy in my diet create an immunity in her?
6.  Is there a correlation between my son's first 4 months of 'collick'
symptoms and Ellies so far?  (Did my son have soy/dairy allergies or is
Ellie just collicky?)
7.  Where can I get the Pancrease 4 drug?
8.  Nursing makes me more hungry.  I've heard that the elimination diet
causes weight loss - should I be concerned I may become weak?
9.  Are there other drugs for anx/dep that would not make for a fussy baby?
10. I took prozac while I was pregnant, would this cause more of a build up
in my baby before she was even born?
11. Would I see a HUGE difference in my baby when she has been on neocate
for 3 days already?  Would I see a HUGE difference when on the elimination
diet for 3 days, how long would it take to see the diff?
12. Would the prozac cause pain in the baby's tummy/rectum?
13. Why is the tissue in the rectum swollen, and why are there more allergy
cells there than in the tummy?

I really feel as if I can't make a decision without knowing what the exact
problem is."