From:
Kelly Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:51:37 -0500
Has anyone looked at the protocols from ABM and California Perinatal Quality Committee? We implemented their policy and most of our infants start small feedings (5mls and increase by 5 every shift) when respiratory stable with small supplements either at breast (SNS) or with OG after feeding until mom's milk is in. Once her milk is in we do BID test weights with feedings to detirmine supplement. As far as I know there is no correlation between minutes at the breast and mls transferred. Every baby is different and that is why test weights are so important.