From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:08:26 -0500

<< Er, Melissa...the original of the song wasn't about ears. I seem to recall
 it was originally a bawdy song, and referred to men's anatomy (hint: they
 come in pairs). Your breast rendition follows close to the original. Likely
 the breast version has a long tradition, too.

 Margery Wilson, IBCLC
 whose mom was shocked when the Girl Scouts
 taught me the "ears version", since she recognized
 the ditty.

Well, well.  One never knows what one is going to learn on Lactnet.  I only
had EVER known the ears version....and am still puzzling over the "throwing
them over the shoulder....given Margery's version.  At least now we know that
breasts can do that....

Jan -- ever the innocent in Wheaton, IL