From:
Esther Oppliger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:45:11 -0800
Dear Lactnetters,

I got a call from a mom tonight who has a ten day old infant that seems
to be "nursing all the time."  She had a total hysterectomy with her
cesarean and is on Premarin.  What are the implications of the
hysterectomy as well as the medication?  She describes lots of stools
and perhaps a cluster feeding pattern, but I wanted to check further
about the hysterectomy and find nothing in my reference materials.
Haven't ever had this one come up before and was unprepared.

Thanks for your info.

Esther Oppliger, ARNP, IBCLC
Garden City, Kansas