From:
Claire Pipes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:54:04 -0500
It depends on the soil that the food is raised in as to how much Iodine to passed onto the consumer.  Here in the US we have Iodised salt, but we also put Chlorine in the H2O, Bleach our flours with Bromide (since 1965 it used to be Iodine) and we use Floride all of these serve to compete and beat out Iodine for absorption.  Hense we have a large population with sub theraputic levels of Iodine with S/S of hypothyroidism but the lab is WNL.