From:
Bruce Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 14:14:15 EST
I just received a request for any articles or studies dealing with weight loss
in newborns in relation to breastfeeding.  This mother wants some ammunition in
dealing with her local hospital, since if any weight loss looks like it might go
to 10% percent they start pushing ABM (even if it needs to be done without
parental permission).  I gave her some quotes from the Breastfeedings Answer
Books and Nursing Your Child, and was wondering if there is something more
"scientific" that would make doctors pay attention to it.

TIA

Felicia Henry, AAHCC & LLLL