From:
michelle i scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 22:28:12 -0400
WIC in New Hampshire does give free hand pumps and has Lactina pumps to
 loan when the need is great, and insurance co. won't pay.   Of course, we
can't give everyone this service, but then not everyone needs one.  In my
program we have a policy for evaluating the need for a pump and following
up with counseling or support.   Our rates are climbing, and we are working
on increasing the duration.   It is only one of the pieces necessary for a
breastfeeding atmosphere of support.   Breastfeeding as the norm!
Michelle Scott, RD, MA, IBCLC    [log in to unmask]