From:
Renee Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 00:26:51 EDT

In a message dated 6/4/2005 9:01:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

After
all, the coupon says it's their right to get it (and don't we  all like to
get something we perceive as free?)  Nurses are put in the  role as the
givers or refusers of these so called gifts and who wouldn't  rather be
perceived as a giver rather than one who refuses to give a  gift?

And the coupon also states that if they don't get one in the  hospital to
call the 800 number and report the hospital and the formula company  will send
the "gift" right out.  Has anyone had the formula companies  question the
hospital about not handing out the bags based on patients calling  and "reporting"
the hospital?  Just curious if the formula companies send  out the drug reps in
droves to those hospitals like they send out the "free  samples" in huge
amounts to the mothers who mark "breast" or "both" on the  little questionaire and
hardly anything to the one that marks "formula  only"  When I had all 3 of my
youngest I marked the breast only box  figuring it would send a clear
message...HA was I mistaken....starting at about  6 mos of pg I had more crap coming
in the mail...and then when my due date  approached I actually got 2 or 3
CASES of ready to feed and several BOXES of the  powder packets, and like $50 in
coupons.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  I was so  angry.  I threw it all out, actually
dumped it down the toilet...then I  called the companies and told them what I did.
  UGH!!!!

Renee Drake RN CLC