From:
Robert Cordes DO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:42:29 -0500
For those who remember my posting a few months ago about
the baby who wouldn't latch that I got to latch by myself one day,
he has a new problem.
He is now 6 months, 3 weeks and doesn't want solids. Mom has
tried cereal mixed with BM and squash and banana. She has tried
a cup, spoon ,and her finger. Baby now closes his mouth if he
sees the spoon.
I suggested plain breast milk off a spoon a few times then a
dilute solution of cereal in breast milk and gradually increase
from there.
I picked cereal b/c I know it dissolves well in breast milk.
Any other ideas?
thanks,
Rob

Q. My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's
borderline irrational.
    A. So what's your question?

Rob Cordes, DO, FAAP, FACOP
Wilkes Barre PA