From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:58:41 -0500
Since I have some brief comments on several threads,  I hope you don't
mind that I'm putting them in one post.
NUT ALLERGY: I wonder about the diet of the mother. My understanding,
in the latest thing I read on consuming nuts during pregnancy,
no restriction was recommended. I just think this is a complicated,
multifactorial issue, and needs more exploration. I hope the authors
said that in the discussion.
LEA'S CASE: Well I read a study somewhere, I believe I have the source
at work, that tongue tie release was found to be very helpful, but
that babies that did not have the tongue tie released were able to bf
well by about 7 wks. In the meantime, the moms had problems and I
beleive had to pump etc. In Lea's case, if the mother does not or
cannot get the tongue released, she could be counseled and supported
on how to make an all out effort on combining breast/pumping and on
sustaining a good supply until, hopefully baby will be efficient in
the future. I am assuming the baby gets stronger, bigger, possibly
some stretching of tongue tie.
STANFORD: Perhaps the site has the restricted warning due to some
legal requirement? I have not seen the site lately, but perhaps it can
simply add to the warning exactly what is shown. For example
"restricted due to explicit content (breasts, breastfeeding,
expressing milk)" and that wouldn't put mothers off. I am glad someone
posted that it is easy to register.
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA