From:
Maureen Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:19:09 -0400
I have found that when a mother has told me that she waited a few days at home to "settle in" before continuing breastfeeding, that she most likely will not succeed.  I ask my mothers to continue breastfeeding at least 2-3 times a day so that the baby doesn't "forget" how to do it.  Sometimes they think that they will be too overwhelmed at home to try.   I do also tell them what other mothers have told me as far as their experiences at home.
Maureen Allen RN, BSN, IBCLC
Boston, MA