From:
Sam Doak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 08:51:51 -0500
I have also had experience with a mother who maintained an excellent supply
(enough to quit pumping after 8 months and continue to breastmilk feed for
the 1st year). She pumped because she had scar tissue around the nipples
which made her nipples too large for the baby to latch. By the time the baby
grew into the nipples, he wasn't interested. She also had extreme pain upon
manipulation of her nipples, so that was kept to a minimum.

Her surgery was the "keyhole" type, where they cut an incision from the
bottom center, up and around the areola/nipple area and back down. Truly
looks like a keyhole. In all reality, according to "the books" she shouldn't
have had any milk supply at all. Like Ellen's mom, she sure showed everyone!

Best wishes
Sam Doak

<<

HI all,
I have also had good experiences with Bfg after reduction. One mom totally
breastfed her daughter and still is, at nearly two years. (I was cautious,
and this mom was adamant. She sure showed me!!) The other success story was
a third time mom who never even tried before to bf. She succeeded in bfg
totally for the first few weeks and then gave it up because it was too time
consuming. So, I could never assess if success would have ensued.

Ellen Shein, IBCLC, LLLI
Tel Aviv >>