From:
Dianne Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:12:31 -0700
Hi Susan  (I've copied a couple of paragraphs below from your original post),

I agree with you 100% that breastfeeding pillows can offer  much-needed
assistance as a tool for some moms and babies.  And it sounds like you were
very mobile (answering doors, etc.) with yours!  :-)  which, to my mind,
makes it similar to wearing a sling!  (multi-purpose tool!)

I mentioned in my original post on this subject that I told the distributor
of the bf pillow that I do not recommend bf pillows.  That is, I do not
recommend a specific brand of pillow (just like as a LLL Leader, I do not
recommend a specific ob, midwife, or pediatrician), but I do carry one
(pillow, that is) with me to consults  in case it may be more helpful to a
mom than what she has handy.  I keep it in my car and will bring it out if
I think it might help.

What I do have a problem with regarding the pillow I was being asked to
check out (and recommend to moms) is the "selling feature" that mom can
nurse hands-free so as not to cause tension/strain in her arms, back,
etc.  Certainly, most of us moms can find comfortable positions with
pillows (bf ones or not) and *still* be able to hold our babies in our arms
while nursing.

~Dianne Oliver, IBCLC
Simi Valley, CA