From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:30:37 -0800
Bonnie asked:  Just had a thought.  Has anyone ever had a mom use a
shield instead of
pumping and bottle feeding if she couldn't bear the thought of
breastfeeding but wanted to have the baby get breast milk?  Was just
wondering if that would put enough distance between mom and baby to be
comfortable for some of these moms?
??????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh, this is such a wonderful idea, Bonnie.  I wonder how I can use
this suggestion in the future, but some of you may remember my
heartbreak when my eldest sister bottlefed from birth.  She had
sexually abused me as a child, and we were both (obviously?) raised in
an abusive home.  I couldn't sway her, but oh, if I could get some,
anything on this, I'd find a way to get it to her if she has a second
baby.

Please keep this discussion on list.

FOr Ezzo alternatives, try emailing Rebecca Prewitt, a Christian very
opposed to GFI.  See my home page for a link to *her* home page; email
me if you can't find it.

==

Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (wow! 4) and Sage (almost 2)
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly
are the  OTHERS here for?
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8193/