From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:33:03 -0400
>A bunch of people wrote me to ask me how I did (and to post to the list), so
>without going into detail, I can confidently say:
>
>I have no earthly clue.

This has always seemed to me the greatest strength of the exam:  People come
out with no real clue how they did because the exam measures *judgment* as
well as facts.

How often, with a mother, can we just say, "Because you have x all you need
to do is y"?  We have to use judgment along with our book learnin', taking
into account everything else that's going on with her.  But boy, when you're
tested for judgment, you sure can't walk out and say "I aced it."  My guess
is there are lots of people who come up with question after question that
they realize they missed - questions that measure purely factual stuff - who
still end up doing well because they *implemented* their information well in
other questions.

Congratulations to all of you who took it.  It's an amazing exam, very
carefully constructed, and odds are if you put yourself into each scenario
in it and thought, "What would I really do here?" your empathy combined with
your background info to give you the right answer.

And aren't you glad it's over??

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  being empathetic in Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com