From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 04:28:13 -0500
Hey Fio,

There was a fun 'discussion' on this several months ago.  Everyone,
except Jennifer Tow and I seem to think that it's fine.....a variation
of normal in a baby who is wetting, growing etc.

Jennifer and I think it's not a variation of normal, but an indication
that there is something going on   I tend to think it's related to food
intolerances/allergies.   I've seen this stooling pattern change to a
'normal' one many times when mom's diet changed for other reasons (not
related to stooling issues) and I saw it with both of my children.  The
current baby very similar to the one you mention.  To this day, Lila's '
transit' (as my classical homeopath/MD calls it) slows to once every 3-4
days if she or I accidentally gets gluten.  Ditto for dairy.  She's also
covered head to toe in eczema so we're pursuing some allergy testing
(IgG serum).

When she was an infant, once every 7-8 days was not uncommon if I ate
typically (lots of gf grains, eggs, some meat, cream in my coffee, dairy
in chocolate but no additional dietary dairy, lots of processed foods),
but it would go to 3-4 times per day when I'd 'clean up' my  diet to
fruits, veggies, nuts, few grains no dairy, some meat.  It was
*amazing*  how clear it was.  I wouldn't be suprised at all if a corn or
potato or soy allergy shows  in the tests.  I know dairy will....

I don't think that anyone would suspect it was a fm/hm imbalance in an
otherwise happy/gaining/normal baby....

anyhoo, just my (unpopular) theory:)

katherine in atl