From:
Deborah S-Q <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:55:09 EDT
As a LLL Leader we are trained to always be supportive of the mom whatever
her decision may be nor do we expect all mothers to breastfeed until their
child enters the first grade (although the first year would be nice). That
doesn't mean we can't feel disappointed sometimes when things don't work
out; we just don't let the mother know that.  If a mother feels supported
then maybe if and when she has another child, or when she has a pregnant
friend, she will be more likely to search out or recommend that source of
support. Many of us, LLL Leaders, LCs, etc. know what it is like to have had
an unsuccessful breastfeeding experience.  I myself did not enjoy a long
breastfeeding experience with my first but my positive experience with LLL
led me to seek out help with a 2nd pregnancy; then a whole new world opened
up before me!
So perhaps the post you read was just some venting and disappointment but
hopefully, the mom still felt supported in her efforts and choices.