Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:45:54 EST
Dear Lactnet,
I have a situation I would like some help with - I am a pediatric nurse in a
peds office and I manage the care of the incoming newborns and follow up
PKU's in a  practice  near Washington, DC - a truly wonderful set up and
great place to work.  I have a mom of second baby who has feelings of sadness
and "doom" when she has let downs.  I saw this baby was 4 days old and milk
was in.  She is very aware of these feelings,  and she experienced them with
her first child and stopped nursing after 6 mos.  She has never been on anti
-depressants, and her only other present medication is asacol for ulcerative
colitis. I asked her to keep a log to see if there was any connection with
time of day, empty vs. full stomach, with meds.  After a week  of this she
felt more sure that these feelings were clearly related to hormones and would
start with MER in nursing sessions, and she would feel much better in between
feeds.
I have researched DHA and B 6+12 vitamins as possible beneficial supplements
but cannot find specifics for suggestion.
I would appreciate any assistance by private email as well as to Lactnet.
TIA
Sincerely, Holly McClain, RN IBCLC