From:
Joyce Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 23:32:40 -0700
I think it would be interesting if you went with, why it could cause a
mom to not bf to give just one case or even can of formula (nipple
confusion, message to mom that she must need it, milk supply..
 You can make this a letter that shows your home town how you are more
pro woman than militant breastfeeding pusher.  This sweet mom that
responded to your letter wanted to nurse her baby.  You can show how
every new mom is put in joepardy of succeeding when given free formula.
 I'm sure no one in your town would want to do something that would hurt
a new mom.  After your letter they'll be sure to find out her feeding
method before presenting her anything related to bottle feeding.
-Joyce Mitchell
A fellow letter to the editor writer on the free new years formula issue
(but here it was presented by the hospital!)