Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 10:34:24 +0200
" Currently, I work at
>Wellstart International's Expanded Promotion of Breastfeeding Program in
>Washington, DC.  Although Wellstart works in the US and internationally, EPB
>works mainly in the developing world, assisting countries with setting up
>national programs."

Welcome to Lactnet, Judy! I would have replied directly to you, but you had
no signature on your e-mail message to the listerver (something that
everyone might want to add to facilitate direct contact with each other)
and your e-mail return address (as well as the one given in yesterday's
list of subscribers) seems to be garbled.

We have a doctoral student where I work at the International Child Health
Unit, Uppsala University, named Pauline Kisanga who is the head of the
Nutrition Education and Training Department, Tanzania Food and Nutrition
Centre and playing a leading role in the country's breastfeeding promotion
efforts. She is planning to study the issue of exclusive breastfeeding,
perhaps to look at the impact that work toward establishing baby friendly
hospitals might have on increasing its duration. She was planning to visit
EDC, having seen their evaluation of the program in Honduras and I
suggested that you and WELLSTART in general might be good people for her to
visit as well. She is tentatively thinking of coming in November. Do you
know already if this might be possible for you?  Thanks for your help, and
greetings to all our friends there.

Ted Greiner, PhD
Senior Lecturer in International Nutrition
Uppsala University
75185 Uppsala
Sweden

phone +46 - 18 511598