From:
Ellen Mahony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:54:59 -0500
When I gave my granddaughter her mom's pumped milk, she did not like
it cold. If we were out, I asked for a cup of hot water and warmed it that
way. You could also hold it in your hands for a couple of minutes or
inside a jacket or shirt next to your body to take the chill off if you
have it in a cooler bag. Personally, I could not see buying a bottle
warmer to support the industry promoting bottles, but that might be an
option if someone really wanted such convenience.
    My daughter pumped until the baby was a year old Dec. 28, and now
Emily takes water or juice from a cup, mostly water when mom is at work,
doen't like cow's milk at all(smart girl). She used a bottle for pumped
milk but never liked water or juice from the bottle and refused it last
month. However, as soon as mom appears, she assumes her nursing position
and gets her real milk. She also nurses ad lib when mom is with her. I am
also happy to report she bedshares and mom hardly notices how often she
nurses. It makes me so happy my daughter is such a wonderful mom, and
doing attachment parenting even better than I did!
  Warm regards from cold and icy NY,
      Ellen Bane Mahony, RN, MS, LCCE, IBCBC
      Greenwood Lake, NY