Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 15:26:51 EDT
My fourth (and last!) baby was born at home and my midwife advised me not to
bathe her for around two weeks.  She smelled wonderful!  The vernix was
massaged into her skin and she never had any skin problems.
As an interesting side note, about 5 days pp, two of my friends came over and
each held the baby.  My baby then smelled like their perfumes, and it was
deeply disturbing to me - I felt like a mother cat.  It's interesting how
seemingly unimportant things can have such an impact on early
mothering/breastfeeding.

Kim Sherwood, LLLL