From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 21:33:59 -0400
Today I did back to back prenatal classes and it dawned on me that 100% of the parents
now respond that they have seen their infants on sonogram.  When my son was conceived,
my OB was very concerned about unecessary procedures and would not do sonograms
unless there was a specific reason.  On the other hand, for the second time ever, I got a
yes to the question of whether or not you ever had a "baby doll that was a breastfeeding
doll".  In this case the mother actually remembered breastfeeding her own baby doll.  What
a nice shift, but how sad that 100% of the parents think a high tech procedure is necessary
and none have had the experience of thinking breastfeeding was such a normal experience
that they could act it out as children.

Best, Susan Burger