From:
The Shillings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 07:19:15 -0400
Just received my copy of Childbirth Instructor's Magazine - back page is a
full page ad offering a free videotape about DHA and how "...moms get DHA
through their diet but the breast milk of American mothers typically
provides only 1/2 to 2/3 of the minimum DHA recommended by the WHO/FAO
Expert Panel..."  This "New Findings" video is from Martek Biosciences,
maker of Neuromins (tm) PL, a DHA nutritional supplement.  What's this all
about?  Are they selling a product that they claim will increase DHA in
mom's milk?  How did WHO/FAO set their DHA recommendations if it's higher
than what is typically in breastmilk?

Granted I'm a tad behind in my reading because I'm in the midst of a move
from West Virginia to Colorado, but has this been discussed and addressed
before?  I've ordered a copy just to see what they are selling. Are they
actively marketing to others besides childbirth educators?

Thanks,
Teri Shilling, MS, FACCE, IBCLC
in the process of moving near Gunnison, CO and would love to hear via email
any info on getting connected with Breastfeeding Promotion/LCs in my new
home to be
mailto>[log in to unmask]