From:
Donna Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:36:44 -0800
Esther wrote:

<<It was beautiful to watch the dynamics of these two moms.....the mom
with the baby who was now fully breastfeeding telling the new mom how
only 3 weeks ago her baby would scream if even held in breastfeeding
position, and now was peacefully breastfeeding.  Nothing I could have
said to the new mom could have encouraged her more than seeing this mom
and hearing her story. Never underestimate the importance of moms
helping other moms!!>>

Yes, yes! At one of our LLL meetings there was a mum with a 6 week old
baby who was having a lot of difficulties getting the baby latched and
was totally pumping and bottle feeding EBM. She was in tears every time
she spoke. She had given herself a time limit to get the baby nursing
and the time was up but she didn't want to stop. The outpouring of
support from the other mums was tremendous. Several spoke about their
own situations and challenges. Well, next month's meeting, the mum was
back with an exclusively breastfed baby. She said it was sooo
encouraging to hear from other mums who had perservered in getting their
babies breastfeeding. Nothing me or my co-leader could have said would
have had the same impact.

Donna Hansen, LLL Leader
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada