From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:40:05 +0000
Surely that is.... normal term breastfeeding creates the normal
behaviour impact impetus/stimuli for humans.

Lack of such, reduces this normative function.

Emotional safety and sense of identity: being loved, of worth, and
cherished, is vital to healthy adult human survival.  We are all so much
more than the need for food, clothing and shelter.

Sometimes fully weaned adolescent chimps, just lie down and die if their
own mother dies.  I'm beginning to think it's the ability to survive
trauma, that marks out the human mammal.   And even chimps go out and
murder someone every now and then, as a game.  And, just about any
species will fight to the death over food and space.  We've only had
enough food to bother fighting about other things, for a little while.

And it was a crap study anyway.  :-)

Morgan Gallagher