Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:38:58 -0400
I was so happy to read about the first baby friendly hospital
in Canada last week and want to congratulate all involved,
especially the staff of Brome-Missisquoi-Perkins Hospital
in Cowansville, Quebec.

I expected to find something in the weekend newspapers
about it but was disappointed to find nothing at all.
I wrote to the Toronto Star, The Toronto Sun and The
Globe and Mail  and had an email today from the
ombudsman at the Star, saying that he knew nothing about it.
I have since sent him more information.

I think it would be helpful for other Canadian Lactnuts to write to the
Canadian newspapers.  The public has a right to know.

email for the Globe and mail  is     [log in to unmask]
Toronto Star         [log in to unmask]
Toronto Sun                   [log in to unmask]

I know few of us can write like Marsha Walker but I think the quantity
of letters makes a difference.

Ruth Bacon  IBCLC     Thornhill Ontario