Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 00:24:24 PDT
I heard a brilliant news report last night. A 12 year old boy is fighting a case in the European courts to make smacking
illegal. Here's what happened according to the report. His step father beat him to the point of injury, but when he took him
to court he was let off. The boy who now lives with his father is saying that the British law system failed to protect
him. Apparently it's going to be a lengthy case, but the outcome will be veeerry interesting. I'll keep you posted if I hear
anymore. Ofcourse this has started major disscussions, everyone is talking about whether smacking should be allowed or
not, apparently 6 countries in Europe have already made it illegal. Hopefully this will open the channels for EPOCH, so
more people can become educated in not beating their children and finding humane methods of discipline.

Di Smith UK