From:
Robert Cordes DO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:58:53 -0500
I'm now trying to catch up on a week of lactent as my practice has been very
busy plus I was away over Thanksgiving.
Carol made reference to me saying:

"and as dr. rob sometimes tells me when i ask him a mother question (as
opposed to a baby question) "maybe its old age." meaning, i asked him a
question about an adult and because he treats children he isn't sure of the
answer."

Since you invoked my name Carol, I can tell you that at least in baby's
40-50% of cow's milk protein allergic babies will develop soy allergy if
given soy. For this reason I do not put CMP allergic babies on soy formula
but rather use elemental abm. For this reason I rarely see both allergies in
the same baby. Recently I did see baby with CMP allergy given soy who
rapidly showed signs of soy allergy.
What exactly impressed on me to tell this mom of a 10 day old she could
breastfed I'm not sure but the baby is now exclusively breastfed.

Rob