From:
Julie Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:48:38 -0800
Just looked up the archives and can't find anything that may explain my client's shooting or stabbing breast pain. It is internally, right outside the areola on the left breast at 11 o clock. There is no other signs of thrush. Mom has been pumping only now for 7 weeks due to her baby not latching since birth.She pumps on average 6-7 times a day The breast having pain has more "thicker tissue" around the nipple therefore it is shorter than the other. I personally don't think that has anything to do with it. But I am going to throw it out there. She also has identified the exact location which is a duct. The pain is continual, there is a little relief right after pumping but not really. So if it is a ductal issue, do I send her to her doctors to check for an infection? Do I have her pump more? Is it a spasm and if it sounds like it then how to do you fix it? The duct itself didn't seem that "over loaded" in fact it felt to be a
"normal size duct" that is producing milk. I have felt harder and bigger ducts. Thanks again for all your great advice.
Julie; IBCLC, LCCE, CD, BA