From:
Dawn M Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:36:01 -0400
  Have to jump in on this thread.
We are all soo busy around here that we are even late on celebrating
Breastfeeding Week.  so the week after (US) Labor Day will be Brattleboro
Area Breastfeeding Week.
        Because we were so frustrated with (some) of the drug/bf advice
our moms were getting, we invited our newest pedi (bf-friendly but who
knew how much) and Lynn Wickber, my LLL co-Leader and a fourth year
psychiatric resident at Dartmouth, to do two inservices on Breastfeeding
and Medications.
        I almost fell over when one of the family docs (old-style Marcus
Welby type, no kidding) told me he was looking forward to coming.  Then
heard that the entire CHP pediatrics practice would be attending!
        We're doing a coloring contest and booths at our health fair and
one local bookstore is doing "free herbal tea in our cafe for
breastfeeding moms"....the vintage store fashion show fell through for
this year, but just you wait til next year!
        Anyhow since I got into the health care business full-time and not
just doing the bf stuff, I cannot believe how much isthere to read and
keep up on.  I think you've gotta make it easy and if it can be fun
besides great.  And I know we should all be doing it anyway, but if I'm
passionate and even I haven't read the latest JHL, how can I expect it of
the guy who's mostly dealing with proctoscopy????
....sounding off in beautiful Southern Vermont where we're enjoying the
cool nights, knowing they make the apples red........Dawn
Dawn M. Kersula RN, FACCE, IBCLC
"...God does not ask us to be perfect;, God asks us to be human." --
Madeline L'Engle